extended family PORTRAIT SESSION
This session is relaxed and fun, with the aim of getting some lovely natural images of you and your loved ones in a location special to you.
Could the 'organiser' of this session please fill in the questionnaire below.
$270 per hour
A candid, extended family portrait session at a location of your choice. This session is charged by the hour (in 30 minute increments, minimum one hour), so can be longer or shorter depending on your needs. Typically these sessions go for 2 hours, and we do a large group photo in one or two locations, then each family group, then grandparents with grandchildren, and then some candids or individual photos of the children.
Pre-shoot phone consultation on location, wardrobe, shoot goals and so on.
USB flash drive for each family group containing at least 20 images per hour (photographer selected), professionally retouched in both colour and black and white, sized for printing (up to 8x12 inches), and for web-sharing.
A private online gallery for ordering fine art prints if desired, able to be shared with family members, online for one month. Gallery will be delivered approximately 2 weeks post-shoot. Click here to see my a la carte pricing.
A slideshow of session highlights for sharing with friends and family.
WHAT SHOULD WE WEAR?
- You should wear simple, classic clothes that you feel comfortable in. Lighter neutral colours, like off whites and greys, work well, particularly close to your face.
- Be aware that baggy or flowy clothes can make you look bigger than you are.
- Accentuate your best features and use clothing to minimise or hide parts of your body that you dislike. For example, it you don't like your upper arms, be sure to wear sleeves.
- Have your family members dress in colours that compliment each other; not all the same colour, but not so different that you're clashing.
- Don't wear clothes with obvious brand names, logos, wording, pictures, cartoons or graphics, because they tend to be very distracting.
- Avoid wearing red or other eye catching colours like neon green.
- Simple patterns like polka dots or stripes are great. Anything more than that can be distracting.
- Use makeup to bring out your features, sometimes the camera can make people look a little washed out.
- I usually advise women to wear their hair down because if you wear it in a ponytail it can look like you have no hair from some angles.
- For more details on what to wear, along with some sample images, click on the button below.
- If your session is outside (in a park, on the beach etc) is very important that you arrive on time, or even 10 minutes early. I typically conduct outdoor sessions at sunrise or sunset, when the light is the best, and if you are late it will mean that we may not enough time to get a good selection of images before the light either becomes unflattering or disappears.
- If your session is outside, we will shoot in any type of weather except rain. In the case of rain, we will reschedule to the closest appropriate date.
- I like to catch candid moments. Sometimes those moments have to be 'set up', so I might ask you to think about something, or tell me a story, or whisper something to your partner and so on. Sometimes this will feel awkward but please trust me!
- Know that almost everyone feels awkward in front of the camera. The best advice I can give is to try to relax and have a bit of fun. Try to keep in mind that for a little bit of awkwardness, you will get images that your family can enjoy for a lifetime.
- Please note that the final images I deliver to you will be selected by me. An important, dare I say essential, part of a photographer's work is to edit down the images from a session to the final, best images. I will take many images during the session, and while these images help me to create the final product by allowing me to test the light, exposure, poses, facial expressions and so on, they are not the final product themselves. It's very important to note that I don't release any images not included with the final set of images on your USB. They were neither created nor intended to be the final product, they have simply enabled me to work out issues that arose to ensure you get the quality images you receive.
- If you or your family become ill or have a genuine emergency, your retainer is transferable to another date. If I have to cancel the session due to illness, emergency, or extreme weather conditions making on-location photography unfeasible, you can choose between rescheduling the session or the return of all monies paid, including the retainer. If there is a need to reschedule, please note that I am typically booked out four weeks or more in advance.
- Please note that travels fees apply for destinations further than 60kms round trip from Brunswick East, 3057. Each kilometre past this point is charged at $1.
Contact me here if you have any questions or concerns.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please familiarise yourself with my terms and conditions.