Mini lifestyle PORTRAIT SESSION
A candid portrait mini session that can be tailored to individuals, families, newborns, couples, and so on. This session is relaxed and fun, with the aim of getting some lovely natural images of you and your loved ones in a location special to you.
Please make sure that you fill in the questionnaire below to help me tailor your session to your needs and wishes.
- A candid, lifestyle portrait session for up to 5 people of 30 minutes duration at a one location of your choice. This mini session can be tailored to individuals, families, newborns, and couples, and so on.
- Pre-shoot phone consultation on location, wardrobe, shoot goals and so on.
- USB flash drive containing 10 jpeg images (photographer selected), professionally retouched in both colour and black and white, sized for printing (up to 8x12 inches), and for web-sharing. Images are delivered approximately 2 weeks post-shoot.
- A private online gallery for ordering fine art prints if desired, able to be shared with family members, online for one month.
- A public online gallery of the 5 best images (photographer selected) hosted on my website to share with your friends and family, guaranteed for one year.
what happens after the session?
- Approximately 2 weeks after your session I will email you a link to your private online gallery of the final images from your session, and I will post out your USB flash drive containing your images in jpeg format. These images will be processed in colour and black and white, and will be sized for web and for printing up to 8x12 inches, so you can print and share to your heart's content. However, if you are after a beautiful, archival-quality print for you wall, please order through me. I work closely with a local fine art printer to ensure that every print that goes out to my clients is stunning and will last a lifetime. Click here to see my a la carte product pricing. Please note that I can't guarantee the quality or colour of prints that you order yourself.
WHAT SHOULD WE WEAR?
- You should wear simple, classic clothes that you feel comfortable in. Lighter neutral colours, like off whites and greys, work well, particularly close to your face.
- Be aware that baggy or flowy clothes can make you look bigger than you are.
- Accentuate your best features and use clothing to minimise or hide parts of your body that you dislike. For example, it you don't like your upper arms, be sure to wear sleeves.
- Have your family members dress in colours that compliment each other; not all the same colour, but not so different that you're clashing.
- Don't wear clothes with brand names, logos, wording, pictures, cartoons or graphics, because they tend to be very distracting.
- Avoid wearing red. Red is an extremely eye-catching colour, which is why it's used to stop traffic!
- Simple patterns like polka dots, stripes or delicate florals can look great. Anything more than that can be distracting.
- Use makeup to bring out your features, sometimes the camera can make people look a little washed out.
- I usually advise women to wear their hair down because if you wear it in a ponytail it can look like you have no hair from some angles.
For more details on what to wear, along with some sample images, click on the button below.
- If your session is outside (in a park, on the beach etc) is very important that you arrive on time, or even 10 minutes early. I typically conduct outdoor sessions at sunrise or sunset, when the light is the best, and if you are late it will mean that we may not enough time to get a good selection of images before the light either becomes unflattering or disappears.
- I like to catch candid moments. Sometimes those moments have to be 'set up', so I might ask you to think about something, or tell me a story, or whisper something to your partner and so on. Sometimes this will feel awkward but please trust me!
- Know that almost everyone feels awkward in front of the camera. The best advice I can give is to try to relax and have a bit of fun. Try to keep in mind that for a little bit of awkwardness, you will get images that your family can enjoy for a lifetime.
- Please note that the final images I deliver to you will be selected by me. An important, dare I say essential, part of a photographer's work is to edit down the images from a session to the final, best images. I will take many images during the session, and while these images help me to create the final product by allowing me to test the light, exposure, poses, facial expressions and so on, they are not the final product themselves. It's very important to note that I don't release any images not included with the final set of images on your USB. They were neither created nor intended to be the final product, they have simply enabled me to work out issues that arose to ensure you get the quality images you receive.
Contact me here if you have any questions or concerns.
terms and conditions
Click on the button below to take a look at my general terms and conditions. Payment of your invoice indicates acceptance of these terms.