Victorian women's trust headshot SESSIONs
Hello ladies and gents from the Victorian Women's Trust! The time has come to refresh the Trust's website, and with it, the staff headshots. Fun!
I'm sure that having your photograph taken is not among your favourite things to do, but I am pretty easy to work with and aim to make the process as painless as possible.
If you have time, fill in the questionnaire below so that I can tailor your session to your needs and wishes.
- Date/Time: Ideally the sessions will take place on Friday 26th August. By now you should have filled in this Doodle Poll to reserve a time for your session. Contact me here if none of these times work for you so we can make alternative arrangements.
- Location: The sessions will take place at my private residence; 201/360 Lygon Street, Brunswick East (be sure not to go to Lygon Street Carlton). When you arrive, press 201# on the intercom.
- How to get there: The 1 and 8 trams go directly from Swanston Street to 360 Lygon. Alternatively, there is usually 2 hour parking on Lygon Street or a side street.
- Contact: If something happens on the day, please call me on 0406 698 957.
How to prepare for your session
- Try to have a good night's sleep and not drink the night before.
- Iron you clothes. Little details like a cease in your shirt may not be noticeable in 'real-life', but become noticeable in a photograph.
- If you like wearing makeup, this can be a good idea as a little bit will prevent the camera from washing you out. If you don’t wear usually makeup, don’t feel like you have to wear it for this shoot. I want you to feel comfortable no matter what :)
- Bring a hairbrush. If you have longish hair, I generally advise people to wear their hair down or partly down. If you wear it in a ponytail it can look like you have no hair from some angles.
- If you commonly wear both contacts and glasses, consider wearing contacts. This will mean that we don't have to deal with glare on your glasses. If you prefer to wear glasses, we will of course work around this.
- Simple clothes tend to look more timeless. Fitted clothing tends to look best. Mid-tones often photograph better, and it's best to avoid all white or all black (black and white together or with other colours is fine though).
- Please don't wear tops with brand names, logos, writing or drawings on them. Simple patterns like small polka dots, stripes, or delicate florals, can look great.
- Know that almost everyone feels awkward in front of the camera. The best advice I can give is to try to relax, have a bit of fun and don't worry about whether we're getting good images. Leave it to me!
- Please note that the final images I deliver to you will be selected by me. An important, dare I say essential, part of a photographer's work is to edit down the images from a session to the final, best images. I will take many images during the session, and while these images help me to create the final product by allowing me to test the light, exposure, poses, facial expressions and so on, they are not the final product themselves. It's very important to note that I don't release any images not included with the final set of images in your gallery. They were neither created nor intended to be the final product, they have simply enabled me to work out issues that arose to ensure you get the quality images you receive.
Contact me here if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to meeting you all!